The current immunisation policy in Finland expects no mandatory vaccine. The current vaccine schedule is:
- Rotavirus (infants, 2 months)
- Pneumococcus, Rotavirus, DTaP-IPV-Hib (infants, 3 and 5 months)
- Pneumococcus, Rotavirus, DTaP-IPV-Hib, MMR (infants, 12 months)
- MMR (infants, 18 months)
- booster doses for children at 4 and 6 years
- HPV (children, 11-12 years)
Parents receive a lot of pressure to accomplish such schedule. At child care centers they are sometimes called irresponsible when they choose not to vaccinate, the common reasons being herd immunity and the risk of contracting a disease. In other cases parents experience respect for their choice.